Survey results from the following locales:
A big THANKS to everyone that participated in this very fun survey to do!
1. Name the number one food item you ALWAYS TAKE with you when starting
a trip: Top Ten Listed:
2. Name the number one beverage you ALWAYS TAKE with you when starting a trip: Top Ten Listed:
In case you're wondering the #1 soft drink (for those that listed a brand) was Coca-Cola and the same brand for diet soft drink as well.
3. On your last trip out name one food item you forgot to pack (if you didn't forget anything please type "none": Top Ten listed:
4. Name a food or beverage that "wrecked" and caused a mess while traveling; either in storage or while preparing. If none, type "none": Top Ten Listed:
5. Do you travel with a BBQ grill/hibachi?
Yes: 86% No: 14%
6. If so, is it gas or charcoal?
Gas: 74% Charcoal: 26%
7. Do you travel with a portable gas griddle?
Yes: 22% No: 78%
8. Which is your favorite meal time to cook out:
Breakfast: 20% Lunch: 5% Dinner: 75%
9. Name your favorite food for the grill: Top Ten Listed:
10. If on a "weekend trip" do you make additional food/beverage
purchases when you arrive at your destination?
Yes: 44% No: 56%
11. Is your RV equipped with an on-board icemaker?
Yes: 21% No: 79%
12. Do you purchase or take alcoholic beverages with you while traveling
or for your destination?
Yes: 67% No: 33%
13. Do you travel with a portable table for outside use?
Yes: 56% No: 44%
14. While on route do you "eat out" (business establishment)
or eat "on-board" (food you prepare)?
Out: 7% In: 11% Both: 82%
15. Once at your destination do you most often "eat out"
or eat "on-board"?
Out: 10% In: 90%
16. Name your favorite chain restaurant to eat out at: Top Ten Listed:
17. Name your favorite fast food chain restaurant: Top Ten Listed:
18. Do you enjoy campground pot-luck dinners?
Yes: 60% No: 40%
19. What is your favorite pot-luck dish to make or eat?
Too many to mention them all but the top ten listed were:
20. Do you eat snacks while traveling?
Yes: 88% No: 12%
21. Name your favorite snack while traveling: Top Ten Listed:
22. Do you chew gum?
Yes: 34% No: 64%
23. Do you enjoy stepping on gum? (just making sure you're still
awake--almost done with the survey)
Yes: 5% No: 95% (I think the "yes" folks were messing with me-grin)
24. When traveling or at your destination do you try regional dishes?
Yes: 86% No: 14%
25. How far would you travel for a good meal?
1-25 miles: 56% 26-50 miles: 32% over 50 miles: 12%
26. Do you have medically related dietary concerns?
Yes: 31% No: 69%
27. Do you enjoy eating wild game (deer, pheasant, antelope, grouse,
Yes: 49% No: 51%
28. Do you fish?
Yes: 59% No: 41%
29. Name your least favorite food: Top Ten listed:
30. How many times do you eat (a meal) a day?
1-3: 94% 4+: 6%
Select this link to return to RV Advice Survey Page
Select this link to return to RV Advice Main Page